Romford duo ready for action
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters jet off for pre-season camp
Romford’s Paul Claydon and Lewis Hughes are jetting off to Denmark this weekend to prepare for the new boxing season.
The duo fly out from Stansted to Billund for a 10-day tour, travelling down to the German border and then up to Copenhagen, before competing in the Haslev Box Cup.
Coach Paul Claydon senior said: “We will be taking part in a training weekend and I’ve arranged for some top quality sparring.
“Both lads are matched against top quality Danish opponents on Sunday and on Wednesday we make the long journey to Copenhagen where we will be staying with our close friends from the Gladsaxe club.
You may also want to watch:
“On Friday we go to Zealand to compete over two days in the Haslev Box Cup. It’s going to be very interesting for the lads after the decision for the CYP championships to be cancelled.
“It will be an excellent opportunity for them both to train with top-class Danish and German boxers and pit their wits against them. Both are raring to go.”
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 6 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 7 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
Claydon and fellow club official John Burling will accompany the youngsters on the first of two pre-Christmas trips.
They are also due to travel to Northern Ireland in November to compete against an Ulster Select team.
Anyone interested in joining the Romford club can contact Claydon on 07980 959354.