Romford and Barking both crash out of the FA Trophy
- Credit: Terry Gilbert
Romford crashed out with a 3-1 defeat to Bedfont Sports as Barking suffered a 2-0 defeat to league rivals Heybridge Swifts in the second qualifying round of the FA Trophy.
Patrick Campbell opened the scoring for Boro in their match, but they were only ahead for two minutes, before Ricardo Andre drew the hosts level.
Sports were ahead by the break, Darryl Sanders getting his sixth of the season, and they made sure of progression right at the end, Charlie Postance getting their customary late goal to seal a 3-1 victory.
Barking suffered a 2-0 defeat and missed a penalty away to Heybridge Swifts in their Trophy tie.
Swifts Dylan Logan broke the deadlock after thirty two minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The next goal also went to Swifts, Andrew Fennell with his fifth in six matches thirteen minutes from time sealing victory.
Both sides will now return to Isthmian North action as they look to bounce back from FA Trophy heartbreak.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 4 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 5 Nurse pulls man from burning car after Romford crash
- 6 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 7 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 8 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 9 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 10 Covid-19 cases surge in Havering, latest figures reveal