Impressive win double for Rainham
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Rainham enjoyed an excellent win double in the Shepherd Neame Essex League Westley group and T20 Cup at the weekend.
Shyamal Vyas (3-22) was the pick of the bowling as they saw Walthamstow make 220-7, led by Rifan Fiaz (94 not out).
But Rainham looked out of it at 157-6, with only Jas Hothi (29) and Harry Light (25) in the runs.
Captain Jon O’Neill joined Daniel Skipper at the crease, though, and smacked two sixes and four fours in an unbeaten 31, from just 11 balls as they put on 66 in quick time.
Skipper was unbeaten on 87 from 78 balls, having hit a six and nine fours, as Rainham clinched a four-wicket win with two balls to spare.
You may also want to watch:
Vyas (44), Biren Patel (34 not out) and Ronnie Jackson (29) led the way with the bat at Stanford on Sunday, as Rainham posted 184-9 from their 20 overs.
And although the home side’s openers both made starts, they were dismissed for 108 in 18 oversas Nikhil Patel (5-18), Biren Patel (2-10) and O’Neill (2-13) combined.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 8 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
Rainham return to league action against Harlow at Spring Farm Park on Saturday (12.30pm).