Raiders welcome Wallis back
Forward is latest to agree return
Romford Raiders have announced the return of forward Shaun Wallis for the 2012/13 National Ice Hockey League season.
Wallis rejoined the club midway through last season and helped Danny Marshall’s men land a memorable English National League and trophy double.
The hard-hitting forward has so far made 142 appearances in gold and blue, scoring 21 points, and is another important cog according to manager Mick Cahill.
He said: “You can trust Shaun to do a good job for you and it’s good to have somebody with his wealth of experience on board again.
You may also want to watch:
“We know that Shaun’s business commitments mean he’s unlikely to be available for every game, but we also know that he can slot in immediately and won’t let you down.
“He’s great on the forecheck and brings some speed to his line. He also hits like a rhino and isn’t afraid to stand up for his team mates.
- 1 Ex-councillor under investigation over Green Belt building works
- 2 Tributes paid to well-loved Romford market fruit-seller
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Campaigners launch petition to keep Emerson Park in Hornchurch constituency
- 5 Six green spaces to enjoy in Havering
- 6 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 9 Death of Daniel Laskos far from isolated as London teen killings surge
- 10 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
“Versatile squad players like that are so valuable to a team and we’re certainly delighted he’s signed up for another year.”
The signing of Wallis gives Marshall ten forwards to work with and takes the roster up to 15, leaving just a handful of spots still to fill.
Clubs are due to meet next weekend (July 21-22) to arrange fixtures for the coming campaign, which is expected to start in early September.