Raiders welcome Wallis back
Forward is latest to agree return
Romford Raiders have announced the return of forward Shaun Wallis for the 2012/13 National Ice Hockey League season.
Wallis rejoined the club midway through last season and helped Danny Marshall’s men land a memorable English National League and trophy double.
The hard-hitting forward has so far made 142 appearances in gold and blue, scoring 21 points, and is another important cog according to manager Mick Cahill.
He said: “You can trust Shaun to do a good job for you and it’s good to have somebody with his wealth of experience on board again.
You may also want to watch:
“We know that Shaun’s business commitments mean he’s unlikely to be available for every game, but we also know that he can slot in immediately and won’t let you down.
“He’s great on the forecheck and brings some speed to his line. He also hits like a rhino and isn’t afraid to stand up for his team mates.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 3 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 4 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
“Versatile squad players like that are so valuable to a team and we’re certainly delighted he’s signed up for another year.”
The signing of Wallis gives Marshall ten forwards to work with and takes the roster up to 15, leaving just a handful of spots still to fill.
Clubs are due to meet next weekend (July 21-22) to arrange fixtures for the coming campaign, which is expected to start in early September.