New signing Glenn Billing excited to be back where it started at Raiders
- Credit: Kevin Lamb
Glenn Billing says he is excited to be back where his career began as he joins up with the Everyone Active Raiders for the NIHL Spring Cup.
The 23-year-old started his playing at the old Romford rink, Rom Valley Way, and will now link up with many of his old team-mates at the new rink for this 12-game mini series.
Billing has since played for Okanagan Hockey Academy in Swindon, Swindon Wildcats, Milton Keynes Lightning and more recently Peterborough Phantoms.
He also featured for the Wildcats in the November Streaming Series.
“I’m really excited to be back where it all began for me,” Billing said. “I’m extremely grateful to Sean Easton for giving me the opportunity to play and hopefully I can help the boys compete every night in any way I can.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve worked with Sean at junior level and I’m really looking forward to linking up with a few of the boys I grew up playing with.”
Billing has played with the majority of the current Raiders team including the likes of Jj Pitchley, Jacob Ranson, Jake Sylvester and Jack Cooper among many others.
- 1 Romford station upgrade to be finished end of 2021
- 2 Hornchurch school alumnus remembers his roots with generous laptop donation
- 3 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opens at Romford shopping centre
- 5 Romford scrap yard faces action over 'unacceptable' noise
- 6 Electrician admits he should have tested 'untidy' fuse box before death
- 7 Fundraiser for 'Mrs Ardleigh Green' raises £9k in two days
- 8 Heritage: Barrage balloons at Hornchurch airfield
- 9 'Utter contempt': Government orders Havering to approve more houses
- 10 Pocket parks proposed for Romford town centre
The forward has spent the past three seasons with the Phantoms becoming a fans' favourite in that time and has been kindly loaned out to his hometown club for the games.
He revealed after playing in November Streaming Series that he was desperate to get back on the ice and involved despite his club not competing.
“After having a taste of it in November with Swindon, when Sean reached out it was a no-brainier.
“It will be a really good challenge against some of the top players from this country, so hopefully we can shake off the rust early and test ourselves against these guys. Can’t wait to get going.”
Billing completes the Raiders roster as they now have 12 forwards, eight defencemen and two goalies signed up for the games.
Head coach Easton has added the likes of Billing, Juraj Huska, Liam Stewart, Zach Sullivan and Ben Solder for the games. Lukas Sladkovsky and Blahoslav Novak will not feature but are set to return in September.