Raiders reveal two more legends in Taylor and McKenzie
- Credit: Archant
Everyone Active Raiders have revealed two more players for the Legends team to take on the current squad on August 26.
Grant Taylor and Scott McKenzie have both been added to the roster and join the likes of Tari Suwari, Shaun McFadyen, Richard Tomalin, Jon Beckett, Jason Buckman and Craig Britton in the line-up for the showpiece match at Romford’s Sapphire Ice & Leisure Centre.
Taylor joined the Romford Raiders ahead of 2000/01 season and went on to spend 14 seasons in the gold and blue.
The 33-year-old spent almost his entire career at his hometown club apart from brief spells at Chelmsford Chieftains and Elite League outfit Belfast Giants.
The centre man made 504 appearances for the club, finding the net 99 times and picking up 132 assists, bringing his points total up to 231 during his time at the club.
You may also want to watch:
His last season for the club was in the 2014/15 season when he re-joined halfway through the campaign after taking some time away.
Joining him on the roster is Telford Tigers forward Scott McKenzie, who spent two seasons at the club, before heading back up north to play for a whole host of clubs.
- 1 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Charity launches new 'pantry' - free shop for parents in need
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
The 32-year-old Scotsman joined the Raiders ahead of the 2006/07 season after spending the season prior with the Slough Jets and the now defunct London Racers.
He impressed in the Raiders colours that seasons but opted a return to the club where he started his senior career in local rivals Chelmsford Chieftains.
McKenzie then returned to the gold and blue for the 2008/09 season before heading off to play for Edinburgh Capitals in the Elite League.
The forward made 104 appearances during his time with the club, scoring 54 goals and adding 51 assists for a point’s tally of 105 points.
He has since gone onto ice for Telford in multiple stints, Manchester Phoenix, Manchester Storm, Solihull Barons, Widnes Wild and Deeside Dragons.
It has also been announced that Steve Tomalin and physio Sam Taylor will join the Legends backroom staff after spending years at the club during their time at Rom Valley Way.