Raiders ready to reveal full hand
- Credit: Archant
Marshall nets Gray before Meet the Players event
Raiders player-coach Danny Marshall is hoping to reveal his full squad for the new season at a Meet the Players event and team management meeting tonight (Friday).
Marshall confirmed the return of starting goalie Michael Gray (right) this week, along with signings of Haringey youngster Jack Lee and Guildford duo Hayden and Taylor Wootton, younger brothers of Bailey.
And other names will be announced to supporters at the Collier Row Catholic Club in Lowshoe Lane, with Marshall saying: “We’ve agreed terms with an import defenceman and are in talks with players from Cardiff, hoping to get two or three of them to come down too.
“Michael was keen to come back for another season and I think most teams would like to have him in their net. He’s looking forward to getting back out on the ice.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re pleased to get Jack, Hayden and Taylor along on two-way deals too. We’re trying to do more with good prospects like them.”
The latest signings join Marshall, Frankie Harvey, David Oliver, Jakub Klima, AJ Smith, Jacob Ranson, Tom Davis, Dan Peters and Bailey Wootton on the squad for the 2014/15 National League Division One season, which begins with a home match against Cardiff Fire at Lee Valley tomorrow week (September 6).
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 9 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge
The club have also been told their February 15 trip to Bracknell Hornets has been moved to January 10.
*Raiders past and present paid their respects at a celebration of the life of former team manager Mick Cahill this week, writes Lee Power.
Family and friends were joined by player-coach Danny Marshall, Frankie Harvey, AJ Smith, David Oliver and Jacob Ranson, as well as ex-Raiders Billy and Charlie Phillips, JJ McGrath, Matt Turner, JJ and Ben Pitchley, Tyrone Miller and Glen Moorhouse to remember the late Cahill, who died suddenly this month aged 60.
Ice hockey referees Joy Tottman, Dave Cloutman, Mo Ashraff and Blaine Evans also attended as moving tributes were paid by Cahill’s sisters, Tracy and Shirley, and daughter Georgia.
Former Raiders owner John Scott spoke on behalf of the club, as mourners wore the famous gold and blue jersey, and highlighted Cahill’s love for the team and sport, his honesty, integrity and sense of fair play during his time on the bench.