Raiders re-sign another pair of defencemen in Barry and Wells ahead of next season
- Credit: Archant
Everyone Active Raiders have announced the re-signings of two more defencemen Sean Barry and Callum Wells ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.
The pair both joined the club from rivals Chelmsford Chieftains ahead of 2017/18 season and have decided to stay on board for a second term.
Barry, 24, made 44 appearances for the side, picking up three goals and 14 assists for a total of 17 points.
He also picked up the coaches player of the year award at the end of season presentation night after impressing head coach Sean Easton during the season.
“It feels great to be back at Romford for the 2018/19 season,” said Barry.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a very easy decision for me as soon as Sean gave me a call. It was a no-brainer.”
The Chelmsford-based defenceman revealed he never sets personal targets, but he has high hopes for the side in their first full season at their new home in Romford.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 4 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 8 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre
“I’ve never set personal goals, but I’m sure Sean and Alan Blyth will be setting team targets in August,” he added.
“With the new facility it’s going to be a very good first full season and hopefully we can win some silverware.”
Barry had spent his whole junior and senior career at Chelmsford before making the move across with Easton last term.
He made his Chieftains debut at the age of 18 in 2012/13 and had been a permanent fixture on the Chelmsford defence in the past three seasons, including being ever present in two consecutive campaigns.
During this time he picked up four consecutive league winners medals as well as play-off and cup competition medals.
Also joining him on next season’s roster is former Great Britain under-18s defenceman Wells.
The 20-year-old spent his junior career in Romford before moving down the A12 to Chelmsford with the closure of Rom Valley Way.
He then iced for the under-18s, Warriors and Chieftains in his time at the Riverside Ice & Leisure Centre before returning to his hometown club.
Wells made 38 appearances, picking up one goal and three assists, and will be keen to build on that tally this term.
They join goalie Michael Gray and fellow blueliners John Connolly and Jack Cooper on the roster for next season.