Raiders hit with ‘a wake up call’ says Chong
- Credit: Archant
Forward is expecting a tough game
London Raiders forward Liam Chong believes the team need to be better than they were in their loss to Bracknell in the National League.
Chong had an assist in the 4-3 loss to Bracknell last Saturday night, but he was not happy with the team’s performance on the night as he added: “The game wasn’t a true showing of the Raiders we’ve seen of the last few weeks. We lacked energy and that impacted the quick start we’ve been making recently.”
“I know a few of the boys have been unwell and busy at work, so maybe that was a contributing factor to our poor performance.
“However, I think that it was a good wake up call in time for play-offs, where we will be doing our best to upset some of the favourites and hopefully bring some silverware back to London.”
You may also want to watch:
Chong and his team-mates take on the Wightlink Raiders tonight at 6pm, where he added: “The island is a tough place to go and win a game, so a good defensive performance is pivotal to earn the win this weekend.
“Smart hockey will win the game over grit, so hopefully we come to training hard this week and transfer that into the game this weekend.”
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice