Raiders get goalie Gray back for more
- Credit: Archant
Blyth adds another name to roster
London Raiders have announced the return of experienced goalie Michael Gray for the 2015/16 National League season.
Gray endured an injury-hit campaign last term, due to a knee problem, but it is hoped he can play a key role since recovering.
Now 25, Gray has iced for Raiders teams in no less than seven seasons, helping the old Romford club to a league and cup double in 2011/12.
And despite being sidelined as the team struggled through a 19-game losing streak last season, Gray remained a presence and support for his team-mates.
You may also want to watch:
A club statement said: “It seems he has been around forever, but our impression is definitely coloured by the fact he has been playing since 2002 when he was just 13, icing for an under-19s team.
“That impression is maintained with a cool head and an attitude that tends to suggest a more mature player.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 3 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 4 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
“Last season was not his best, but through no fault of his own. Some would argue that his loyalty to the cause resulted in his season being cut short, playing when perhaps he should have rested.
“A vocal leader from the bench when unable to play and undoubtedly a colourful character when he is, which is slightly ironic as we are pleased to welcome back into the Raiders colours Michael Gray.”
Gray joins captain Tom Davis, David Oliver, Alan Lack, Michal Oravec, Seb Downing, Bailey Chittock and Mason Webster on coach Alan Blyth’s roster for the new campaign.