Raiders get goalie Gray back for more
- Credit: Archant
Blyth adds another name to roster
London Raiders have announced the return of experienced goalie Michael Gray for the 2015/16 National League season.
Gray endured an injury-hit campaign last term, due to a knee problem, but it is hoped he can play a key role since recovering.
Now 25, Gray has iced for Raiders teams in no less than seven seasons, helping the old Romford club to a league and cup double in 2011/12.
And despite being sidelined as the team struggled through a 19-game losing streak last season, Gray remained a presence and support for his team-mates.
You may also want to watch:
A club statement said: “It seems he has been around forever, but our impression is definitely coloured by the fact he has been playing since 2002 when he was just 13, icing for an under-19s team.
“That impression is maintained with a cool head and an attitude that tends to suggest a more mature player.
- 1 Ex-councillor under investigation over Green Belt building works
- 2 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 3 Tributes paid to well-loved Romford market fruit-seller
- 4 Campaigners launch petition to keep Emerson Park in Hornchurch constituency
- 5 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 6 Six green spaces to enjoy in Havering
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 9 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
“Last season was not his best, but through no fault of his own. Some would argue that his loyalty to the cause resulted in his season being cut short, playing when perhaps he should have rested.
“A vocal leader from the bench when unable to play and undoubtedly a colourful character when he is, which is slightly ironic as we are pleased to welcome back into the Raiders colours Michael Gray.”
Gray joins captain Tom Davis, David Oliver, Alan Lack, Michal Oravec, Seb Downing, Bailey Chittock and Mason Webster on coach Alan Blyth’s roster for the new campaign.