Premier League star treats Mawney pupils
- Credit: Archant
Former Leicester City defender visits Romford school
Pupils at Romford’s Mawney School had a special treat recently with a visit from a former Premier League footballer.
Steve Walsh is a former captain of Leicester City and won the League Cup in 1997, making more than 500 league appearances in total during his long playing career.
And he was able to pass on some of his vast experience to boys and girls, while also trying to raise awareness of leading a healthy and active lifestyle as part of a special sport event.
Walsh also led the children through some football activities and posed for photos throughout the day and said: “It was great to come along to the Mawney Foundation to assist in providing sports sessions to the children.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s great to see the work PTC Sports are doing to inspire young children to lead a healthy and active lifestyle in partnership with the school.”
Taskin Huseyin, business manager of PTC Sports Essex, said: “It was a great opportunity for us to bring along a former Premier League football to the Mawney Foundation.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 5 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 6 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 7 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 8 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
“It certainly got the children excited and it was fantastic to have Steve here with us for the day as it certainly inspires young children to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.”
*PTC Sports are always looking to work with different schools and offer various coaching opportunities such as after-school and breakfast clubs.
If you would like to talk to PTC Sports about coming into your school contact Taskin Huseyin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.