Potential Raiders reunion for Davis
Forward returns alongside linemates
Forward Tom Davis will be returning to Romford Raiders for the new National Ice Hockey League season.
And team boss Mick Cahill knows where he would like to see Davis play during the 2012/13 campaign.
He said: “Clearly it will up to Marsh to deploy his resources how he wants, but I would be surprised if he didn’t re-unite Tom with Grant (Taylor) and JJ (McGrath).
“It was a tremendously effective unit and, as a line, was a Player of the Month winner. That’s never happened before but it shows just how much of an impression that trio made.”
You may also want to watch:
The Davis-McGrath-Taylor line mixed hard work and aggression as a unit and also chipped in with their fair share of goals as Raiders landed a league and trophy double last term.
And Cahill believes Davis was one of the unsung heroes for Danny Marshall’s men, adding: “I think Tom made significant progress and was arguably our most improved player last season. He works hard, supports his team mates well and doesn’t mind working the corners.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 3 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 4 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
“He used his size to much greater effect too and while I don’t think anyone made a count, I reckon his harrying of the puck carrier created more opposition turnovers than anyone on the team.
“More than that, Tom also grabbed some points and was pushed up to the powerplay unit on several occasions. While he may have been a bit-part player when he first came to the Raiders, Tom is now a very important member of the team.”