Potential Raiders reunion for Davis
Forward returns alongside linemates
Forward Tom Davis will be returning to Romford Raiders for the new National Ice Hockey League season.
And team boss Mick Cahill knows where he would like to see Davis play during the 2012/13 campaign.
He said: “Clearly it will up to Marsh to deploy his resources how he wants, but I would be surprised if he didn’t re-unite Tom with Grant (Taylor) and JJ (McGrath).
“It was a tremendously effective unit and, as a line, was a Player of the Month winner. That’s never happened before but it shows just how much of an impression that trio made.”
You may also want to watch:
The Davis-McGrath-Taylor line mixed hard work and aggression as a unit and also chipped in with their fair share of goals as Raiders landed a league and trophy double last term.
And Cahill believes Davis was one of the unsung heroes for Danny Marshall’s men, adding: “I think Tom made significant progress and was arguably our most improved player last season. He works hard, supports his team mates well and doesn’t mind working the corners.
- 1 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 2 Ex-councillor under investigation over Green Belt building works
- 3 Tributes paid to well-loved Romford market fruit-seller
- 4 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 5 Campaigners launch petition to keep Emerson Park in Hornchurch constituency
- 6 Six green spaces to enjoy in Havering
- 7 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 8 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 9 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 10 Death of Daniel Laskos far from isolated as London teen killings surge
“He used his size to much greater effect too and while I don’t think anyone made a count, I reckon his harrying of the puck carrier created more opposition turnovers than anyone on the team.
“More than that, Tom also grabbed some points and was pushed up to the powerplay unit on several occasions. While he may have been a bit-part player when he first came to the Raiders, Tom is now a very important member of the team.”