Perkins keeps starting place in England squad
- Credit: The RFU Collection via Getty Ima
Former Coopers Coburn pupil George Perkins starts for England in their under-20 Six Nations clash with Ireland.
Former Coopers Coburn student George Perkins has been named in the England under-20s side to face Ireland in the under-20 Six Nations tonight (Friday).
Head Coach Jon Callard has made six changes from the side that beat Italy 61-0, where Perkins scored the first try of the game.
The Saracens Academy winger was also a part of the starting squad for the England’s opening match of the tournament against Wales, which ended in a 21-15 defeat for the Red Roses.
Ireland currently sit top of the Under 20 Six Nations table, with two wins from two, and Callard is aware of the task in hand.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Playing Ireland in Ireland will be a huge test – it’s one of the biggest in rugby. And from what we’ve seen they are a very good, physical side with lots of pace. But we’re excited by that, we’ve got pace in our side and on the 4G pitch it should make for a great spectacle.
- 1 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Charity launches new 'pantry' - free shop for parents in need
- 7 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 8 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 9 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57