Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Midfielder Matt Robinson is reportedly set to agree a new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge imminently as manager Daryl McMahon continues to build his squad for next season.
The 27-year-old was instrumental in Daggers upturn in fortunes in the latter stages of last season as he ended up being the club’s third top goal scorer.
Robinson featured 26 times in the National League during the 2020/21 season and found the back of the net an impressive eight times after struggling to break into the team in the early stages of the campaign.
He joined the Daggers back in the summer of 2016 from Luton Town where he helped them win promotion from the National League.
The centre-midfielder then struggled for game time and found himself on loan at Grimsby Town and Woking before letting his contract expire to join up with his former Hatters boss John Still at Victoria Road.
You may also want to watch:
Robinson has since played more than 150 times for Dagenham scoring nine in total, eight of those this season, as he was deployed in a more attacking role than previously at the club.
The club also remains in talks with the likes of Myles Weston, Kenny Clark, Mauro Vilhete and Saidou Khan.
- 1 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 2 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 5 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 6 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 9 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 10 Harold Hill man to be sentenced for ATM robberies