Malinsky joins Bison following Raiders release
- Credit: Archant
Former Everyone Active Raiders forward Marek Malinsky has joined up with National League rivals Basingstoke Bison on an injury cover basis.
Malinsky joined Basingstoke having joined the Raiders from Swedish Division1 team Kalix HC in the summer.
Prior to playing in Sweden he gained experience in Canada and America icing in the GMHL, FPHL and SPHL.
This season he played seven games for the Raiders scoring three points.
The Czech native played the majority of his junior hockey career at HC Hradec Kralove. At Under 16 and Under 18 level he scored 42 goals and 55 assists for 97 points in 125 appearances.
You may also want to watch:
In Czech Under 20 Division 2, Marek scored 20 goals and 17 assists for 37 points in 36 appearances.
Bison coach Ashley Tait said: "Obviously we've been without Richard for a few weeks now and have been looking for short term injury cover since then.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Money raised by Captain Tom to be used to fund new ambulances
"I think Marek will fit right in, he's got good speed and is excited to get started.
"He's definitely going to help us over the next few weeks."