London Two North East: Peter O’Brien brace helps Romford & Gidea Park see off Campion rivals
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Steve Barfoot’s squad claimed a third successive victory over division strugglers on Saturday at Cottons Park
Romford & Gidea Park earned their first London Two North East victory in just under a month with a 30-13 success at local rivals Campion.
Steve Barfoot’s men went into the contest at Cottons Park following defeats against South Woodham Ferrers and Cantabrigian.
Due to a number of free weekends, it meant Park hadn’t celebrated a victory since beating Epping Upper Clapton 25-20 on November 19.
But Barfoot’s squad managed to put that right on Saturday and finish off a successful 2016 in style.
You may also want to watch:
Peter O’Brien helped himself to a brace of tries against Campion, who had lost every game before the weekend encounter.
Winger Jamie Harbour and centre Jake Jones also crossed over to give Park a bonus-point victory.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice
Keenan Titus kicked two conversions and added a pair of penalties to give the away side a 30-13 triumph.
It means Barfoot’s team have won their last three derby games with Campion since a 11-9 loss at Crow Lane in October 2015.
Romford’s victory seems them move up to sixth in the standings with 31 points from 12 games this season.
Barfoot and his squad can enjoy Christmas off now before returning on January 7 for the visit of Norwich.