London 2012: Two perfect rounds not good enough for Romford’s Huckle
Romford Rifle & Pistol club marksman misses out on final of 10m air rifle competition
Romford Rifle & Pistol club member James Huckle was denied place in the final of the 10m air rifle competition this morning, after finishing in 24th place.
The 21-year-old marksman was cheered on by a sell-out crowd at the Royal Artillery Barracks in Woolwich but to no avail, as his final total of 593 from a possible 600 was not enough to book a place in this afternoon’s final.
At one point, Huckle looked to have an outside chance of securing a top-eight finish, hitting 10 bullseyes from 10 shots twice for two perfect rounds of 100.
However, in the end, the qualification round was won by world number one Niccolo Campriani of Italy.
Huckle is next in action this Friday morning, in the qualification round of the 50m rifle prone, which starts at 9am.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 6 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 9 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid