Former King's Lynn midfielder Jordan Richards is training with Dagenham
- Credit: Ian Burt
Versatile Jordan Richards is reportedly training with Dagenham & Redbridge after recently departing National League rivals King’s Lynn Town.
The 24-year-old, who can play in both midfield and defence, has left The Linnets upon the expiration of his contract.
Richards spent the last three season with King's Lynn helping them earn promotion from the National League South and into the top-tier of non league football.
The son of Pedro Richards, who made 399 league appearances for Notts County, Jordan arrived at the Walks from Gainsborough Trinity for an undisclosed fee.
A former Notts County Academy graduate he went on loan to Boston United in the 2015-16 season, where he made 21 appearances, picking up one goal, but his loan to the end of the season ended when he was recalled by County in order that he could go on loan to Sligo Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
Richards made 15 appearances and netted twice with the Rovers.
He made 16 appearances for County in the 2016-17 season before being released in the summer of 2017.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 9 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
He was invited back for pre-season training with County but opted to join National League North side Gainsborough Trinity, despite receiving offers from football league clubs, going on to make 33 league appearances.
It was then a move to King's Lynn Town ahead of the 2018/19 season where he played 32 times and found the net twice.
The following campaign he made 27 appearances and scored three times before then featuring 26 times in the season just gone.
King's Lynn manager Ian Culverhouse said: “He (Richards) just didn’t want to agree the terms and I would like to thank him for all he has done because he has been exceptional in the three years I have been here with him and we wish him well."