Jones leaves Raiders
- Credit: Archant
Defenceman exits for ice-time
Another departure for the Division one side with 19-year-old defenceman Lewis Jones leaving the ranks to seek more ice-time with Division two team Haringey Racers.
The Racers announced earlier today that the young stay at home defenceman has left the Raiders to join the team.
Jones was brought to the club earlier in the season from Division two side Chelmsford Warriors by former player-coach Danny Marshall, to help the team through a difficult spell of losses.
Since his move to the club many additions have been added and the former Romford junior has found himself with limited opportunities in the last few weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The former South East Conference player made 21 appearances for the Lee-Valley based club picking up a goal and four assists in his spell with the side.
Jones wanted to extend his thanks to Raiders by saying: “Thanks to everyone involved for the opportunity and thanks to the fans for the great support along the way.”
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 3 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 4 Romford swimmer calls for volunteers to take plunge for hospice
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Romford new age shop to reopen again after closure years ago
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Upminster student completes 4x4x48 Challenge for Saint Francis Hospice
- 9 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 10 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
Raiders are set for a double header with Streatham this weekend, having drawn with Bracknell and lost to Oxford last weekend.