Isthmian Premier: Hornchurch fall short as Haringey Borough held to a draw
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Hornchurch suffered a late 4-3 defeat to local rivals East Thurrock United as they continue to endure an injury crisis.
Joe Christou opened the scoring mid-way through the first-half, but the Rocks were soon level through Jon Benton.
Liam Nash bagged his eighth of the season five minutes before the break it was advantage Urchins once more.
The Rocks weren’t finished, and the impressive Alex Hernandez drew them level soon after the restart, his seventh goal of the season.
Charlie Ruff netted his fourth of the campaign and his first in the league ro restore Hornchurch’s lead although three minutes from time Ben Wyss made it 3-3.
You may also want to watch:
The Rocks took all the points in the very last minute when Tom Barton got the winner.
Haringey Borough were held to a 1-1 draw against Cray Wanderers in their match at Coles Park Stadium.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 6 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 7 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 8 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 9 Nurse pulls man from burning car after Romford crash
- 10 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
Haringey were quickly ahead against Cray Wanderers, with Scott Mitchell scoring after just eight minutes, but they couldn’t hold on to their advantage and Jamie Yila equalised for Wands on sixty two minutes.