Isthmian Premier: Hornchurch and Haringey seal victories as Wingate draw
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Hornchurch got off to a flying start which saw them seal a 3-1 victory over in-form Lewes at The Dripping Pan.
Goals from Sam Higgins, Liam Nash and Jili Buyabu sealed the three points for the Urchins to push them up to eighth in the league table.
A long clearance from goalkeeper Joe Wright went straight through to striker Sam Higgins, where he ran clear and slotted past the keeper in the fifth minute.
Five minutes later another Wright clearance, which Lewes failed to deal with, and Liam Nash pounced to fire home.
In the 59th minute Buyabu fired across the keeper into the far corne to stretch their lead to 3-0 and put them well in control.
You may also want to watch:
Lewes did however score a consolation goal as Joe Taylor turned into the box and fired home in the 89th minute to reduce the deficit to 3-1.
League rivals Haringey Borough found themselves 1-0 down early on but came back to win 5-1 over East Thurrock United.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 7 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 8 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Shaken Not Stirred: James Bond fan co-founds group and brings thousands of 007 lovers together
Johnny Ashman opened the scoring in the 13th minute for East Thurrock and took that lead into the half-time break.
Tom Loizou’s side came out determined in the second-half with a brace from Roman Michael-Percil and goals from Georgios Aresti, Alfred Bawling, and an own goal from Callum Robinson in the space of 18 minutes.
Wingate & Finchley let a two goal lead slip away to Bognor Regis Town as they drew 2-2 in their fixture.
Bilal Sayoud and an own goal from Joe Dandy gave the Blues the dream start but the hosts pulled it back in the second-haf thanks to Harvey Whyte and Nathan Odokonyero.