Isthmian North: Barking and Romford both fall to defeats
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Barking suffered their first defeat of the Isthmian North campaign as they were thrashed 4-0 by Aveley as Romford lost 2-0 to AFC Sudbury.
Goals from Shad Ngandu, George Sykes, Alex Akrofi and Manny Ogunrinde sealed the three points for the Millers.
Ngandu found the net in the 14th minute of play before Sykes doubled the hosts lead in the 30th minute at Parkside Stadium.
Akrofi and Ogunrinde added to that tally in the second-half to seal a comfortable victory for Aveley to end Barking’s unbeaten run in the league on Friday night.
Neighbours Romford suffered a 2-0 defeat at home to AFC Sudbury who moved up to second in the league.
Thomas Maycock scored just before the end of the first half, and Romario Dunne made sure just before the end to seal the points for the Yellows.
Both sides will now be determined to bounce back to winning ways.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 6 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 9 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid