Hornchurch super lightweight Benn suffers shock loss against Hallett
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The latest boxing news from Havering
Hornchurch super lightweight Harley Benn suffered a surprise first defeat of his pro career against Canning Town rival Lee Hallett on Saturday.
The pair met at Stevenage FC's Lamex Stadium on a Frank Warren card headlined by Billy Joe Saunders' fight against Shefat Isufi for the WBO world super middleweight strap.
After winning all six of his previous bouts since turning pro in February 2017, Benn was expected to record another triumph again against Hallett, who had not won any of his 16 fights in the paid ranks.
However, Benn, the son of former two-weight world champion Nigel, was stunned by the 31-year-old as he was beaten on points to lose his unbeaten record.
It was a shock loss for the Hornchurch youngster, whose most recent victory was against Geiboord Omier at the Brentwood Centre in March.
The 22-year-old will now dust himself down as he looks to get back to winning ways on his return to winning ways later in the year.
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 8 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 10 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid