Hornchurch Athletic CC finish the season with a defeat to Harlow
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Hornchurch Athletic Cricket Club finished their first season in Essex League cricket with a disappointing five-wicket defeat at Harlow.
Athletic batted first but could only make a modest 145. Matt Redgrave top scored with 43 and Chris Humphries made 27, but nobody could play a big innings.
Harlow chased this down without too much alarm and won by five wickets with 13 overs to spare, leaving Athletic in 14th place.
Athletic's player of the season was undoubtedly Billy Robinson, who made 498 runs in the league at an average of 37.
Most of the other batsman struggled, and the club also missed Ross Raftery with a broken finger for most of the season
You may also want to watch:
Paul Humphries, back at Hylands Park after spells at Leigh and Brentwood, had a good all-round season taking 38 wickets and hitting 240 runs.
Of the younger players, Ben Taylor and Luke Pontin made their league debuts and made useful contributions but the best young player was 17-year-old Nathan Duke, who played in every game and took 28 wickets.
- 1 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 2 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 5 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 6 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 9 Harold Hill man to be sentenced for ATM robberies
- 10 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place