Havering women hit back to make point as Gilkes-Tarsey gets among goals yet again

PUBLISHED: 13:30 08 December 2017

Havering's women huddle before play (pic Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo)

Havering's women huddle before play (pic Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo)

©TGS Photo +44 1376 553468

Havering's women fought back from two goals down to earn a draw with high-flying Sevenoaks in East Two South East at Campion.

Keeper Sophie McCoy was in early action, as Bukki Olodo and Wendy Schofield worked well in central defence for the hosts.

Louise Burgess and Sam Harwood caused problems on the wings, but the visitors scored with a shot from a tight angle.

Sevenoaks doubled their lead after a good passing move, but Havering hit back after the restart when Charlotte Chamberlin slipped a short corner to Emily Gilkes-Tarsey, who netted at the second attempt, after a recent hat-trick against Brom & Beck.

Havering pinned their rivals back, as Chamberlin took control in midfield and Burgess and Harwood made more strong runs.

Emily Martin and Katie Griggs moved well in the front line, as Olodo, Schofield, Hollie Dawkins and Nic Earl held firm in defence.

And an excellent drive by Harwood led to a cross that just evaded Emma Isherwood’s stick, before a driving run from Dawkins led to a corner and, despite an initial mix-up at the top of the D, Isherwood got a shot away which Gilkes-Tarsey cleverly deflected into the net.

The hosts went close to a late winner from another corner as it ended in a 2-2 draw.

An injury-hit seconds fell to a late 3-2 defeat against Brentwood.

Havering fell behind inside 15 minutes and conceded a second goal before half time.

But they were back on terms thanks to goals from Cox and Nicki Cast, only for Brentwood to claim a winner five minutes from time.

The men’s East Premier B trip to Norwich City was called off due to their involvement in the East Indoor League, but the seconds drew 2-2 at fellow strugglers Colchester.

Top scorer Adam Willett opened the scoring early on and restored Havering’s lead after the hosts levelled on a cold day.

James Diggins and Joni Ishikawa went close to a third, before Colchester converted a late corner.

The thirds had only 10 men at Old Loughts Academy, but battled valiantly in a 3-1 loss.

Graham Walker was beaten twice in the first half and again after the restart, but youngsters Amar Mangat, Bill Birbeck and Jon Harris tried to make inroads and the energetic Birbeck netted a superb solo consolation goal.

Most Read

Latest from the Romford Recorder