Havering Tri members took on challenges across the UK
- Credit: Archant
Havering Tri club members enjoyed success across the United Kingdom this week.
Nicola Leonard travelled to Tenby, Pembrokeshire to take part in Ironman Wales, where she had to battle bad weather to complete the course.
With gusts making half the bike course into a headwind and the total times averaging 70 minutes slower than recent years, just to finish this event in these conditions was no mean feat, but this was combined with Ironman’s second toughest course.
Leonard managed to brave the elements and complete the course in 14.06:07.
Lee Skidmore completed the Vitruvian Middle distance triathlon in five hours and 44 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The first of the swims started with Glen Edwards, Danny Gearing, Cristina and Trevor Cooper swimming 5k at the Open Water Swim.
Danielle Hughes travelled up north for the Great North Run, which she completed in 1hr 54mins.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 7 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 8 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 9 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 10 Hornchurch Covid woodland memorial gets residents' backing, survey says