Havering Tri members took on challenges across the UK
- Credit: Archant
Havering Tri club members enjoyed success across the United Kingdom this week.
Nicola Leonard travelled to Tenby, Pembrokeshire to take part in Ironman Wales, where she had to battle bad weather to complete the course.
With gusts making half the bike course into a headwind and the total times averaging 70 minutes slower than recent years, just to finish this event in these conditions was no mean feat, but this was combined with Ironman’s second toughest course.
Leonard managed to brave the elements and complete the course in 14.06:07.
Lee Skidmore completed the Vitruvian Middle distance triathlon in five hours and 44 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The first of the swims started with Glen Edwards, Danny Gearing, Cristina and Trevor Cooper swimming 5k at the Open Water Swim.
Danielle Hughes travelled up north for the Great North Run, which she completed in 1hr 54mins.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 8 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations