Havering Cup: Marshalls Park 7 Bower Park 0
- Credit: Archant
Marshalls Park’s year seven boys produced an emphatic display to beat borough rivals Bower Park in their Havering Cup derby on Friday.
And the convincing win will help them in their cause for qualification to the later rounds in the competition this season.
On a bitterly cold day, Marshalls dominated from the start and played some fantastic football.
There were two goals apiece for Fry and Gardener, with Agyemang also getting on the scoresheet.
And they managed to deny Bower a reply to record a clean sheet to the delight of PE teacher Paul Aylett, who said: “We scored some amazing goals. The boys were superb and with a couple of players out through injury, squad selection will be hard when they take on Abbs Cross next Friday.”
You may also want to watch:
This latest win for Marshalls Park comes after the year nine squad had beaten Royal Liberty 3-2 in their derby contest at the start of the week.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 7 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 8 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 9 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 10 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit