Havering boys still in hunt
- Credit: Archant
England Under-13s face crunch clash
Havering’s Brad Windebank, Ewan Hill, Daniel Hitchings, Danny Jackson and Tommy Huggett will look to keep their World Pee-Wee Championship dreams alive late tonight.
The five local schoolboys are in the England under-13 ice hockey squad that faces a good Benelux Select team at the Pepsi Colisee in Quebec, having beaten Angers Ducs 6-0 in the previous round.
England had slipped to a 3-1 defeat against San Diego Junior Gulls in their first match of the International C Division competition, but victory over Angers ensured their remained in the hunt.
And they go into tonight’s match boosted by a battling 1-1 draw with the Bathurst Academy side yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Windeback, Hill and Hitchings are all pupils at Romford’s Royal Liberty School, while Jackson attends Marshalls Park and Huggett, one of the team’s assistant captains, is a Chafford pupil.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice