Athletics: Havering 90 Joggers tackle marathon challenges
- Credit: Archant
Havering 90 Joggers’ Stuart Allen completed the world famous Athens Marathon at the weekend.
Allen clocked 4:45 in a field of 20,000 runners as the race began in pouring rain and ended in brilliant sunshine in 22 degree heat, after 20k of uphill in the middle.
Christina Clementson just missed out on a personal best at the Saffron Walden half marathon, as the route was slightly longer than 13.1 miles, as clubmate Joanne Reeves also ran.
James Blogg was third male at the Forestry 100 Running Series 10k at Thames Chase, while 62 members took on nine different parkruns.
Two ran the East Coast Park event in Singapore, with others at Grovelands, Raphael, Burnham on Crouch, Harrow Lodge, Clacton Seafront, Hastings, South Woodham Ferrers and Great Dunmow.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Cossey (26.00), Brian Cross (31.13), Eloise Jones (30.40), Melissa Lunn (30.43) and Michael Robinson (26.25) all beat course bests.
The club are planning a 30th anniversary event for next year and welcome former members to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 6 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 7 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
Joggers meet on Tuesday and Thursday for a 7.30pm start at Abbs Cross Health & Fitness Centre.