Athletics: Busy weekend for Havering 90 Joggers
- Credit: Archant
Havering 90 Joggers had another busy weekend at a host of events.
Denis Mole was second in his age group at the Belfast City half marathon in 1:51, while 46 members took on the Ingatestone five-mile race.
Emma Bolton, Melanie Green, Lara Harradine and Kate Pettit were first in the women's team event, as Laura Dobie, Lisa Gaskin, Carol Nelson and Elaine Richardson setting personal bests.
Melisa Lunn completed the 26.2-mile night Shine Walk across London, raising money for Cancer Research UK, while eight members completed the Swim Serpentine event.
Stuart Allen, Mark Dalby, Jane Evans, Melanie Green, Caroline Hall Cross, Josy Hughes, Darren Radford and Brian Slade finished the two-mile swim, with all but Hall Cross and Hughes collecting London Classics medals after also completing the London Marathon and Prudential Ride 100.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 64 members were at 12 different parkruns, with Keith Bates (33.18), Peter Burdett (23.09), Brian Cross (30.54), Dobie (30.14), Maureen Hill (42.01), Charlotte Jeffs (30.55), Stephanie Phillips (22.41), Elle Raithaille (42.47) and Ray Shaw (33.52) setting course bests.
Jodie Schubert ran her 250th parkrun in a wedding themed event at Harrow Lodge.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster