Havering ’90 Joggers achieve high finishes at Billericay Striders event
- Credit: Archant
Fifty Havering ’90 Joggers members competed at the Billericay Striders 10km race on Sunday, the final race in their internal grand prix race series.
Members Christina Clementson, Brian Cross, Kerry Curtis, Daniel Elwood, Guy Hildreth, Josy Hughes and Andi Wright all beat their best 10km times.
Sue Spong and Sue Dale came first in their age category and in the teams competition, the women's team of Clementson, Spong, Eleanor Mole and Emma Bolton came third.
The men's team consisting of Elwood, Dan Meredith, Hildreth and Gary Flint came second.
Andrew Houseago competed at the Chase the Moon race in Queen Elizabeth Park and achieved a 10km personal best.
You may also want to watch:
With the final Grand Prix race on Sunday, Parkrun numbers were down with 34 members attending six different Parkruns as Kerry Curtis (30:30) and Michael Robinson (27:59) beat their PBs.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?