Harold Wood youngsters set record junior partnership
- Credit: HWCC
Harold Wood under-14s Umar Shafi and captain Eesa Faheem set a club record junior partnership and third highest in club history in the Sir Alastair Cook Cup on Tuesday.
Put into bat by Ardleigh Green & Havering-atte-Bower, they made an aggressive start and maintained a run rate of around 10 in the first six overs.
Both got to their half-centuries soon after the drinks break and then attacked with some wonderful shots to take the score to 261.
Faheem hit a six and 18 fours in his unbeaten 112, while Shafi struck three sixes and 17 fours in his 108 as both faced 60 balls.
Club statisticians were quickly put to work and, unsurprisingly, this is the highest total from a club's T20 team and highest opening stand in a 20-over match. It is also the first junior partnership over 250.
You may also want to watch:
AGHAB lost wickets at regular intervals to tight and disciplined bowling by Wood and were dismissed for 52 in 14.4 overs.
With three wins out of three Wood face Upminster in their final match, with the winner progressing to the quarter-finals.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 5 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 10 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'