Cricket: Harold Wood see off Orsett
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Harold Wood were comfortable winners over struggling Orsett in their Shepherd Neame Essex League Division One encounter at School Lane.
Captain Craig Perrin put the home side into bat and saw Harry Thompson make the breakthrough with 45 runs on the board.
Hamzah Ikram struck twice in quick succession to make it 81-3 and picked up two more scalps after Taqi Abbas had got in on the act to leave Orsett 101-7.
Abbas (4-49) and Ikram (5-23) continued to share wickets as the hosts were dismissed for 133 in 44 overs, with Wood easing to their target with few alarms.
Mdaminul Isalm Shihan scored a run-a-ball 29 with a six and five fours in a 53-run opening stand with Hafiz Yawar Afzal, with Perrin (20) also making a start.
You may also want to watch:
Raihan Hussain fell cheaply but Shahbaz Khan helped Afzal complete a seven-wicket win in the 29th over, with the opener unbeaten on 56 after hitting nine fours.
The win leaves Wood in fifth place, having leapfrogged local rivals Upminster, with two games remaining.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 10 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal