Harold Wood runners out in force at parkruns and half marathons
- Credit: HWRC
Harold Wood Running Club had 22 members out at the Raphael’s parkrun, with Susan Munns (23:54), Suzanne Easley (24:54), Steve Gourley (25:27) and Sarah Friend (27:37) all bagging personal best times.
Tracy and Brynley Giddings, Andi Wright and Maria Brill all tackled the Maldon parkrun as Mike Westmore ran the Lee on Solent parkrun.
Steph Elsey was at Southend, Craig Brown at Wallaceneuk, while Jonny Le Roux and Patrick Thoeung were in Brentwood.
Mike Westmore also represented the club at the Great South Run in Portsmouth, covering the 10-mile distance in one hour and 38 minutes.
Craig Brown ran the Duxford 10k, Parisa Skeldon bagged a new personal best at the Oxford Half Marathon, and Steve Pickles took part in the Chelmsford Half Marathon.
Mark De Faria-Thomas ran in another European Half Marathon, as he raced in Amsterdam on the weekend.
The club is now meeting at The Hub and offers track training on a Thursday evening.
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 5 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 6 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 7 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 8 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 9 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 10 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham