Harold Wood Runners excel in final league event of the season
- Credit: Harold Wood Running Club
Harold Wood Running Club enjoyed a strong outing in its final league event of the season.
The club (HWRC) entered four teams - three men's and one women's - in Saturday's race (April 17), a 4x2 mile team relay.
After four rounds, the men finished fifth in the Chingford League Division 2 standings (out of nine teams).
The women, meanwhile, finished third from the same number of teams.
Tracy Giddings from the HWRC team said: "Everyone stepped up to the to challenge and posted some fantastic times."
You may also want to watch:
Credit was also given to Craig Brown and new member Phil Sergeant for running 10k and 5k respectively at the Olympic Park race on April 14.
Tony Gawler and Tony Rawson completed another marathon in the Brightlingsea Challenge held on April 18, with Lauren Archer taking part in the half marathon event.
Anyone interested in joining the club please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 7 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears