Harold Wood cricketers complete cycling challenge
- Credit: Archant
Three Harold Wood Cricket Club members took on a mammoth cycling challenge to raise much-needed funds last Friday.
Harry Thompson, Ed Smith and Craig Sampson cycled from Harold Wood Park to Lord’s Cricket Ground in St John’s Wood, then over to the Kia Oval in Kennington, before returning to club headquarters.
The trio covered over 60 miles in the process, raising money for the club which has suffered without any play so far during the 2020 season due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Club chairman Tom Clarke said: “Their efforts mean the club will be able to operate this summer when cricket is again allowed to be played.
“and the club will continue to be able to do many great things, including offering free cricket to our disability team the Harold Wood Warriors.
You may also want to watch:
“A huge thank you from all the club to Harry, Ed and Craig for their efforts and raising an amazing amount of money.”
Online donations can still be made at justgiving.com/team/HWCC.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 6 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 7 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back