Harold Wood vice-skipper Khan devastated after narrow defeat
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Wood beaten by just two runs away from home on Saturday
Harold Wood vice-captain Shahbaz Khan was gutted to lose by just two runs at home to Buckhurst Hill in Shepherd Neame Essex Division One.
Wood lost the toss and were put into the field at home, but figures of 5-41 from Taqi Abbas helped dismiss the visitors for 226.
Though skipper Raihan Hussain (74) and Craig Perrin (62) both hit half-centuries for Wood in reply, a lower-order collapse saw them fall agonisingly shot as they were all out for 224.
The result will certainly have hurt the Wood squad, and Khan himself admitted he was gutted to lose by such a small margin.
You may also want to watch:
“To lose in the manner we did was really disappointing because it was so close,” he said.
“There were moments when we were right on it, but our last five wickets went far too cheaply.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
“We looked on course to do it at one stage, but then we collapsed badly and that hurt us.”