Gidea Park & Romford get better of Frenford; Oakfield Parkonians pipped
Gidea Park & Romford got the better of Frenford on the first day of the Hamro Foundation Essex League Division Two season.
Put into bat, they made 187-8 from their 30 overs, thanks to contributions from the top three of Sachin Vaja (41), Frankie Hazle (27) and Ubaid Kiani (37), plus Aditya Kumar (28).
Wickets were shared by five different Frenford bowlers, with Park suffering three run outs.
And Will Chuter (4-28) removed the home side's top three in reply, to leave them wobbling at 26-3, before adding another scalp with the total on 52.
Kumar struck without further addition to the score, but Ahmed Zulfiqar (22) and Hamza Omar added 47 for the sixth wicket to give Frenford hope.
You may also want to watch:
Hasitha Nirmal (3-23) put Park back on top with three quick wickets, before Sam Farrow and Kumar (2-22) sealed a 78-run win.
Oakfield Parkonians came up just short against Benfleet, who posted 215-9 from their 40 overs.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
Joe McIver (53) led the way for the visitors, as bowling honours went to Selvam Ramasamy (3-42).
But Parks had contributions from Janagan Vijayanathan (50), Paran Kalley (45), Raihan Hussain (34) and Dhruv Patel (23) only to come up short on 208 with two balls remaining.