Hammers hope to sting Bees
- Credit: Rob Newell/TGSPHOTO
Elite League leaders come to Arena Essex
The Vortex Lakeside Hammers take on the Coventry Buildbase Bees at the Arena Essex Raceway tonight (Monday, 7.30pm) in a live Sky Sports Elite League match.
Former Hammers Captain Davey Watt comes into the team to cover for injured Swede Kim Nilsson, while Adam Roynon replaces Ashley Birks, who is out for the season with a shoulder injury, as one of the two Elite Draft Riders alongside Adam Ellis.
The Hammers team is captained by Grand Prix rider Andreas Jonsson, who is joined by regulars Mikkel Bech, Edward Kennett and Richard Lawson.
Coventry will field their full strength declared one to seven that sees their Grand Prix rider and captain Chris Harris lead the side.
You may also want to watch:
He is joined by former Hammers riders Stuart Robson, Danny King and Joonas Kylmakorpi, along with former Grand Prix rider Hans Andersen.
Their two Elite Draft Riders are Jason Garrity and James Sarjeant.
- 1 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 2 Letters: Social distancing, vaccination experience and how to stop catalytic converter thefts
- 3 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 4 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 5 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 6 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 7 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 8 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 9 Testing site for people without Covid symptoms opens in Elm Park
- 10 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
The Hammers will be looking for revenge against the Bees who beat them by five points in their meeting at Arena Essex earlier in the season, which saw the Hammers lead up until the final two races.
Substantially reduced admission prices of £5 for adults and adult concessions, along with £2 for children aged seven to 16 inclusive, will still be available on the night at the paybooths.
Those who have purchased tickets online are asked to print off the email confirmation they received as this is their entry ticket.
After parking up in the large free parking areas they should walk up to the double gates at the top of the drive with their printed off ticket where they will gain entry.
The gates will open at 6pm this evening for this meeting.
Hammers boss Jon Cook said: “It’s a big night already for the club, with the biggest attendance of the season guaranteed. Our off-track team have done a superb job now it’s up to our riders.”
Lakeside Vortex Hammers: Andreas Jonsson (c), Mikkel Bech, Edward Kennett, Richard Lawson, Davey Watt, Adam Roynon (EDR), Adam Ellis (EDR).
Coventry Buildbase Bees: Chris Harris (c), Stuart Robson, Daniel King, Joonas Kylmakorpi, Hans Andersen, Jason Garrity (EDR), James Sarjeant (EDR).