Gidea Park & Romford suffer big defeat to Buckhurst Hill
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Gidea Park & Romford suffered a huge 174 run defeat against Buckhurst Hill in their Shepherd Neame Essex League Division One clash.
The visitors captain Jamie Allen won the toss and elected to bat first with opening batsmen Hendro Puchert guiding them to the points with 119 not out.
Puchert received solid support from the rest of the batting line-up with Ryan Karunakaran (13), Ricky Reynolds (15) and Russell Beckett (53) all digging in.
They were flying until GPR bowler Harry Phillips (3-26) took out the lower order to give his side a life line.
Buckhurst Hill finished with 239 for 7 and in reply the hosts got off to a poor start with Callum Mitcham (5) being caught out by Jamie Allen.
You may also want to watch:
Things went from bad to worse when captain Jamal Francis (6) was also caught out by Allen.
Francis’ side were eventually bowled out for 65 with Henry Puchert (3-16), Usman Sahar (2-25), and Irfan Sahar (4-22) all stepping up to seal a comfortable win.
- 1 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 4 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 7 Charity launches new 'pantry' - free shop for parents in need
- 8 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57