Gidea Park & Romford Cricket Club are inspiring a new generation of female players
- Credit: Gidea Park & Romford CC
Gidea Park & Romford Cricket Club is launching a new coaching programme exclusively for girls.
Dynamos Cricket launches next month and all girls aged 8 to 11 are invited to get involved by registering online at https://bit.ly/3tuWMqY
The hour long coaching sessions are suitable for all players including beginners and will start on Monday, May 10 at 5:45pm.
The eight-week programme will be focused on fun with participants learning different cricket skills each week to build confidence and ability leading up to an exciting countdown cricket match.
Each participant will get a personalised New Balance playing shirt.
Mark Hope, Head of Junior Cricket, said: “It is Gidea Park & Romford Cricket Club’s ambition to grow youth cricket and this is the first time we have run a programme exclusively for girls.
You may also want to watch:
“Dynamos Cricket will be the perfect first cricket experience and we look forward to welcoming some new faces to our Main Road Ground in May.”
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 8 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 10 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures