GB calls for Romford old boys
- Credit: Archant
Quartet included in under-18 squad
Four former Romford juniors have been named in the Great Britain Under-18 squad for the World Championships in Estonia later this year.
Denis Bell, Glenn Billing, Toms Rutkis and Callum Wells came up through the ranks at Rom Valley Way, before joining Telford, Okanagan Hockey Academy and Chelmsford when the old rink closed.
And they were included in the touring party for the Division Two tournament in March, after Billing and Rutkis helped the Under-20 squad win gold before Christmas.
Billing said: “I feel very honoured to be chosen to represent my country, as there is no better feeling than putting that GB shirt on.
You may also want to watch:
“I am excited to have been given this opportunity again and am confident we can achieve our goal of a gold medal and promotion in March.
“We have a talented team who work hard and bonded well at the last camp. I look forward to the next camp in February and getting to work so we are all raring to go come March.”
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people