Ford Judo Club among medals at Dartford competition
- Credit: Archant
Romford’s Ford Judo Club had five fighters at a competition in Dartford on Sunday.
Red belt Hamoon Tahmaseti and yellow belts Philip Thowney and Jay Winter were first in action at the 'We Shall Remember Them' event.
Winter and Tahmaseti were making their debuts and both took the fight to more experienced opponents, showing some good judo and taking bronze medals.
Thowney was taking part in his only his second competition and claimed gold, before blue belt Danielle Mitchell elected to fight in the black belt category, with no opponents in her section.
Mitchell made light of this to win gold, while black belt Vladislav Nimerenco went through his opponents with ease to also claim gold.
You may also want to watch:
Thowney decided to also enter the Masters division, including three brown belts and a second dan black belt, and defied the odds to beat allcomers and win a fantastic second gold.
A club spokesman said: "These fighters train hard every Monday and Thursday and the medals are well deserved."
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?