West Ham boss: I am glad Carlton Cole deal didn't happen
PUBLISHED: 08:00 29 August 2014 | UPDATED: 10:31 29 August 2014
Hammers manager Sam Allardyce says he doesn't expect either Carlton Cole or Mo Diame to leave in this transfer window
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce does not expect anyone to leave Upton Park before the transfer window shuts on Monday night.
Both Mo Diame and Carlton Cole have been linked with moves in the last week, but the Hammers boss insists that there is not likely to be anyone going out of the exit door.
“I expect both of them to be here next week and beyond,” said the manager this week.
Rumours about Diame and his quest for a move to a team in the upper echelons of the Premier League are somewhat commonplace, but Allardyce did confirm that there was a chance that striker Cole could have gone to Bournemouth earlier this week.
He said that the move to the Championship club was now dead in the water.
“Carlton is not going out,” he insisted. “I thought the prospect was there, but it wasn’t.
“I didn’t particularly want him to go, but there is a price for everybody and if there is an offer that everyone considers to be the right one, then the business is done, but he is still here I am glad to say.”
Allardyce is in the market for one more ‘quality’ player, but he is hoping that is done and dusted well before the window slams shut on Monday night at 11pm.
“I think all the managers have the TV on for the countdown to the end of the window, but what I am hoping is that I am just sat there watching because all my business is done,” he smiled.
“I don’t want to be the one of the phone at the last minute trying to make a signing, or the one losing a player I don’t want to lose, because at that stage there is no time to find a replacement.”