Taylor delighted with Wilkinson's start to Daggers spell

PUBLISHED: 16:00 27 November 2018

Conor Wilkinson celebrates scoring Dagenham's opening goal during Bromley vs Dagenham & Redbridge, Vanarama National League Football at the H2T Group Stadium on 24th November 2018

Conor Wilkinson celebrates scoring Dagenham's opening goal during Bromley vs Dagenham & Redbridge, Vanarama National League Football at the H2T Group Stadium on 24th November 2018

©TGS Photo +44 1376 553468

Forward on loan from Gillingham has netted in each of his first two games for the Essex club

Peter Taylor is pleased Conor Wilkinson has hit the ground running with Dagenham & Redbridge after the forward scored the opener in Saturday’s win at Bromley in the Vanarama National League.

The forward scored the first for Daggers in a 2-0 success away to the Ravens, with Angelo Balanta nabbing the second.

Wilkinson, who is on loan from Sky Bet League One side Gillingham until January, also netted on his debut at home to Fylde the previous Saturday.

And Daggers boss Taylor, who worked with Wilkinson while at the Gills, is pleased the striker has quickly found his feet with the Essex club.

“Conor has two in two now and I know he’s a capable boy,” the 65-year-old told the club website.

“He seems to be enjoying himself which is good and he took his goal excellently with his poorer foot because we know how good his left foot is.”

Wilkinson will hope to get among the goals again on Tuesday night when Daggers welcome Havant & Waterlooville in the league.

The Essex club are sure to be full of confidence heading into that match having won four of their last five matches.

Taylor is pleased with how the Victoria Road side have been able to turn their form around in recent weeks, but knows they must keep their good run going.

“We’re looking good at the minute, but you’re only as good as you’re last game and we have a massive game on Tuesday,” he added.

“Havant had a great result on Saturday, so we’ll know they’ll be firing as well.”

Related articles

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Romford Recorder

1959 A 16-year-old Hornchurch boy who tried - and failed - to rescue his father from drowning at Southend was praised at the inquest this week for his courage. David Benton, of Northumberland Avenue, Hornchurch and a friend. Arthur Frederick Suckling, 17, of Factory Road, Romford, who helped in the rescue attempt, were told by Mr A. J. Dalton, Southend deputy coroner: “Your efforts were very valiant.” A verdict of the accidental drowning was recorded in the death of Charles Edwin Joseph Benton, 46, who was employed at a photographic firm. He died near the wreck of Mulberry Harbour, off the beach at Thorpe Bay. Mr Benton, described by his wife as “a big healthy and active, keen on the water but not a strong swimmer,” was brought to shore by Donald Atkinson of Winchmore Hill. 1979 Police were hunting for a brave have-a-go hero who tackled armed bandits in a bid to stop a £25,000 robbery. The mystery man lashed out at a vicious shotgun gang when they swooped on security guards outside at Elm Park bank. Detectives praised his courage and appealed for him to come forward, The drama began when a Security Express van arrived outside the National Westminster Bank in Elm parade, St Nicholas Avenue at 10.20am to deliver cash. Two guards left the van to walk towards the bank and were pounced on by four men with sawn-off shotguns. One grabbed the cash bag and started to run off. But one of the guards jumped on his back, and threatened to shoot if he didn’t let him go. The mystery hero then ran to help the guards and punched one of the gang. 1999 A pair of armed robbers held up a Securicor van with a gun and are believed to have made off with around £70,000. The terrifying attack happened around 10am outside the Abbey National bank, in Station Parade, Elm Park. It is believed the robbers shoved a Securicor guard up against the side of the van and threatened him with a handgun, while another guard inside the van passed out money through the hatch. Securicor was offering a reward of up to £10,000 for information leading to arrest and conviction. A witness said: “It was really frightening, these two men started shouting and waving a gun. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing, then they just ran off. I was quite shaky because I didn’t know where they were going to run to or to what they were going to do next - it was awful.”

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists