FA Cup: Hornchurch and Wingate progress as Barking crash out
Hornchurch cruised to a 4-1 victory over Essex Senior League side Walthamstow to put them into the third qualifying round of the FA Cup.
Goals from Sam Higgins, Jili Buyabu, Liam Nash and Charlie Ruff guided Mark Stimson’s Urchins to victory at Bridge Avenue.
The Urchins opened the scoring as Higgins’ cross found Liam Nash on the left with the latter crossing it back in where the former Chelmsford City striker collected the ball and fired into the roof of the net in the 11th minute.
It was 2-0 in the 33rd minute as Nash found Higgins with the latter squaring the ball to Jili Buyabu who finished with aplomb.
Higgins created space down the left, crossed from the byline, where Nash headed in at the far post to make it 3-0 early in the second-half.
Stow did pull one back as they were awarded a penalty in the 83rd minute where up stepped Adebola Sotoyinbo to convert it.
It was a short lived hope as substitute Sak Hassan came on and with his first touch passed it to Charlie Ruff who picked out the back of the net on the stroke of full-time.
- 1 Daughter pulls father out of care home after 'fall leaves him bedbound'
- 2 New three-storey building with flats looking to be built behind disused Rainham pub
- 3 The Hop Inn: Hornchurch pub named best in London for second year running
- 4 Court: Romford mum died from Covid-19 after Queen's Hospital failings, inquest hears
- 5 Man stabbed in Harold Hill
- 6 'Really proud’: Hornchurch mother tackles English Channel in relay swim for charity
- 7 Romford mother lived in squalor after mental health 'failings', court hears
- 8 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 9 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 10 London Fire Brigade Cadets on-hand to help Wennington residents trim hedges and clear up their gardens
League rivals Wingate & Finchley sealed a comfortable 3-0 victory over Baldock Town in their second qualifying round tie.
Goals from Darnell Goather-Braithwaite, Dominic Sadi and Ibrahim Meite put Marc Weatherstone’s men into the hat for the next round.
Elsewhere, Barking suffered a 3-1 defeat to AFC Dunstable at Mayesbrook Park to send them packing.
A hat-trick from Bernard Christie proved too much for the Blues who found a late consolation goal from new signing Andre Gumbs.