FA Cup: Hornchurch and Wingate progress as Barking crash out
Hornchurch cruised to a 4-1 victory over Essex Senior League side Walthamstow to put them into the third qualifying round of the FA Cup.
Goals from Sam Higgins, Jili Buyabu, Liam Nash and Charlie Ruff guided Mark Stimson’s Urchins to victory at Bridge Avenue.
The Urchins opened the scoring as Higgins’ cross found Liam Nash on the left with the latter crossing it back in where the former Chelmsford City striker collected the ball and fired into the roof of the net in the 11th minute.
It was 2-0 in the 33rd minute as Nash found Higgins with the latter squaring the ball to Jili Buyabu who finished with aplomb.
Higgins created space down the left, crossed from the byline, where Nash headed in at the far post to make it 3-0 early in the second-half.
You may also want to watch:
Stow did pull one back as they were awarded a penalty in the 83rd minute where up stepped Adebola Sotoyinbo to convert it.
It was a short lived hope as substitute Sak Hassan came on and with his first touch passed it to Charlie Ruff who picked out the back of the net on the stroke of full-time.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 3 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 6 Cabinet to vote on proposed changes to how housing is allocated in Havering
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 10 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
League rivals Wingate & Finchley sealed a comfortable 3-0 victory over Baldock Town in their second qualifying round tie.
Goals from Darnell Goather-Braithwaite, Dominic Sadi and Ibrahim Meite put Marc Weatherstone’s men into the hat for the next round.
Elsewhere, Barking suffered a 3-1 defeat to AFC Dunstable at Mayesbrook Park to send them packing.
A hat-trick from Bernard Christie proved too much for the Blues who found a late consolation goal from new signing Andre Gumbs.