Essex League: Ardleigh Green too strong for Stanford
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Ardleigh Green eased to an eight-wicket victory over Stanford in their penultimate Division Three outing of the season.
Captain Chris Cook put the home side into bat after winning the toss and saw openers bowlers Chris Haylett and Aaron Hills have early success.
The new-ball pairing continued to work their way through the Stanford line-up as wickets fell at regular intervals, with Cook (2-13) also getting in on the act.
Haylett wrapped up the innings at just 81 in the 26th over, finishing with fine figures of 5-30 after good support from Hills (3-38).
But Green lost Paul Hurworth without scoring, before Tom Gentle (44) and Cook (33 not out) took them to the brink of their success.
You may also want to watch:
Victory leaves Green in fourth place with a home match against Harlow Town to complete their season at Central Park next weekend.
But the best they can hope for is fourth as they trail third-placed Westcliff by 58 points.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 3 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 6 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 7 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds