Essex League: Ardleigh Green too strong for Stanford
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Ardleigh Green eased to an eight-wicket victory over Stanford in their penultimate Division Three outing of the season.
Captain Chris Cook put the home side into bat after winning the toss and saw openers bowlers Chris Haylett and Aaron Hills have early success.
The new-ball pairing continued to work their way through the Stanford line-up as wickets fell at regular intervals, with Cook (2-13) also getting in on the act.
Haylett wrapped up the innings at just 81 in the 26th over, finishing with fine figures of 5-30 after good support from Hills (3-38).
But Green lost Paul Hurworth without scoring, before Tom Gentle (44) and Cook (33 not out) took them to the brink of their success.
You may also want to watch:
Victory leaves Green in fourth place with a home match against Harlow Town to complete their season at Central Park next weekend.
But the best they can hope for is fourth as they trail third-placed Westcliff by 58 points.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 8 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations