England women set to play World Cup qualifier in Essex
- Credit: Archant
England Women will play the second of two key World Cup qualifiers in Essex later this year.
The Lionesses will face Kazakhstan at Colchester United FC’s Weston Homes Community Stadium on Tuesday, November 28 (kick-off 7:05pm).
They will also play Bosnia & Herzegovina at Walsall FC’s Banks’ Stadium on Friday, November 24 (kick-off 7:05pm).
England have never played Kazakhstan, who are 66th in FIFA’s rankings.
Centurion Casey Stoney scored on the Lionesses’ last visit to Walsall, where they beat Croatia 3-0 in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “These games will be really important in setting the tone for our World Cup qualification campaign and we’ll be absolutely determined to get two good wins in front of our own fans.
“I’m particularly looking forward to playing in Colchester.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
“I come from Basildon so it’s great to have a game in Essex.
“We really enjoy taking our games around the country and giving as many people as possible the chance to come and watch us.
“We have had such fantastic support so far during the Euros and hopefully we’ll have two big crowds at both games.”
Colchester United FC General Manager, Tim Waddington, added: “We are delighted to welcome England back to Colchester once again.
“This is the sixth time that a national side has come to the Weston Homes Community Stadium since our move in 2008 and we are sure that this occasion will be as special as the previous five.
“The Lionesses have enjoyed an exceptional tournament so far and everyone at the club is right behind them ahead of their upcoming semi-final.
“We have a strong girls programme in our community scheme, with plenty of promising female players aiming to follow in the Lionesses’ footsteps, and this will no doubt be a hugely popular game once again.”
Tickets go on sale on Wednesday, August 2 at 10:00am, with children and concessions priced at just £1.
An early bird adult ticket offer is available, priced at £7.50p, until Monday, September 25 (full-priced ticket is £10). Group booking and FA Charter Standard discounts apply.