School Sport: Emerson Park into National Cup last eight
- Credit: Archant
Emerson Park Academy’s year eights booked a quarter-final place in the National Cup with a 5-4 extra-time win over Fitzwimarc.
Having already won ties in Enfield, Hertfordshire, Kingston and Brighton, as well as a couple of home fixtures, they found themselves three goals down at half-time.
But Thierry Stewart hit the crossbar within seconds of the restart and Harvey Williams was then put through to slot home.
Captain Riley Hargan netted from a free-kick, after a strong to the edge of the box, and some good play led to Jack Campkin beating his man and firing a powerful strike into the top corner to level.
Fitzwimarc regained the lead with a fantastic finish with five minutes left, but Emerson forced the extra period after Jayden Parsons netted via a post with the last kick of normal time.
You may also want to watch:
Williams then raced clear two minutes after the restart to slot home his second and Simon Yetton, Freddie Fairy, Oliver Croomer and Harry Smith held firm at the back to ensure their progress.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 7 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing