School Sport: Emerson Park boys ease into National Cup semi-finals
- Credit: Archant
Emerson Park Academy’s year eight boys booked a place in the semi-finals of the National Cup with a 4-1 win over Suffolk’s Farlingaye High.
They began well and took the lead on six minutes when Riley Hargan's corner was turned in from close range by Jack Campkin.
Harvey Williams raced clear to round the keeper and slot in a second on 12 minutes, before Jacubas Jaska made a great save low down to his left to deny their rivals a reply.
Great individual skill by Campkin led to a penalty just before half-time and captain Hargan stepped up to slot into the bottom corner
Excellent last-ditch defending by Simon Yetton denied Farlingaye an early reply in the second half, with substitute Kenny Sanny showing his pace 10 minutes from time to race down the left and curl a shot home.
You may also want to watch:
Farlingaye caught Emerson napping from a throw in and a great finish at the far post gave them a consolation goal.
But Emerson eased into the last four and will host Beaumont School (St Albans) or George Abbot School (Guildford & District) this month for a place in the final.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice